Looking for a Social Media Editorial Intern to work at the award-winning, global news publication, MediaGlobal News & its affiliate site UNearth News, based in the United Nations.
- Received college / grad school credit (not required).
- Get a glowing letter of recommendation from the Bureau Chief
- Receive invaluable social media editorial experience that will pump up your market value in the job world.
- Come into the UN offices twice a week for 15 – 20 hours depending on your schedule.
Social Media Editor Duties:
You do not have to come to the internship knowing how to do all social media, but you should be social media fluent on Twitter and Facebook and have an ease with learning new platforms. You should already have Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus accounts. Knowing how to use Hootsuite does not hurt. If you wish to also pitch feature stories or blogs, you are welcome to do so and get published. However, your first and most important responsibility is to be the master of social media.
- You are organized and can work a Excel Spreadsheet to track when stories come out and when you should promote them on social media.
- You will work with the managing editor to understand when stories are published so you can schedule tweets, FB posts and Google Plus posts to run concurrent to our stories.
- You will expand our social media platform by opening new accounts in the latest social media apps.
- You will NOT use our social media platforms for you own self-promotion. While promoting any stories you write is fine, promoting non-work related events or stories are not.
- You will filter the comments section of our editorial websites.
- You will think of innovate ways to engage with our audience and increase our audience by posting interesting images, tweets and etc.
- You will be trained in apps like Hootsuite or Google Plus, if you don’t know them already.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter of what you’re doing now and when you can start to: This is an email link:
firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention your affiliation with AAJA!