As an AAJA member, you participate in an elaborate network of Asian American and Pacific Islander journalists, media partners and friends who continue to have a profound impact in the field of journalism both locally and nationally. You stay connected with members throughout the U.S. and those who work abroad. You remain informed of the latest issues affecting diversity in the newsroom and in the media industry and the latest opportunities for professional development.
Most importantly, you become part of a larger community of journalists of color, UNITY: Journalists of Color, who share our values and commitment to diversity in the newsroom.
AAJA membership benefits include the following:
- First to know about career listings, national programs, convention and other news via weekly AAJA listserv announcements
- Eligibility to apply for fellowships, media study tours abroad and other professional programs offered by AAJA
- Entry fee waived for AAJA National Journalism Awards competition
- Discounted registration fee for the AAJA National Convention
- Listing in online membership directory
- Listing in online management list, if applicable
- Recognition of special achievement in Member News and Applause on AAJA’s web site
- Free access to post resume/bio and apply for jobs directly through AAJA’s online Career Listings
- Free 30-minute phone consultation with AAJA’s legal counsel, Don K. Tamaki and Dale Minami of Minami Tamaki LLP
- Receive AAJA publications, including the annual report, newsletter and media-related information
- Discount to Hyphen magazine.
- Discount to Hertz rental car. Be sure to enter AAJA’s Hertz CDP# 1217265.
- Other member benefits and discounts may be added by AAJA. Benefits are subject to change.